VIDEO: Governor says more flood funding on the way

LITTLE ROCK - Governor Asa Hutchinson says Arkansans can expect more funding related to flood assistance in the very near future. Speaking to reporters at Camp Robinson in North Little Rock, the state’s chief executive said he had authorized at least $350,000 in funds, while asking President Trump to bring in federal funding beyond that coming from FEMA.

Hutchinson does have an emergency relief fund from the state, of which he told the media he had already spent $9,600,000 which has “severely depleted” the account’s resources.

(Click the video player above to watch the Governor deliver his remarks)

The Governor will visit Fort Smith today, along with several members of the state’s Congressional delegation. Senator John Boozman, Senator Tom Cotton, and Congressman Bruce Westerman will join Hutchinson on a flyover tour of western and central Arkansas on Thursday to survey damage in the wake of the historic flooding of the Arkansas River. Representatives from Congressman French Hill’s office will also participate in the tour.

The delegation will hold a 2:00 PM press conference at the base of the Garrison Avenue bridge in downtown Fort Smith.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here